Microsoft Word is the leading word processing application. First released in 1983, it has established its place in the workplace as one of the most widely used software applications. The latest versions have seen many changes and improvements and it now provides a wide range of uses for:
- creating simple correspondence
- complex structured documents
- brochures and marketing materials
- graphics and charting tools
- integration with other Microsoft Office applications
- built-in programming language - VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) to automate complex tasks.